Thursday, March 5, 2009

U2 - No Line On The Horizon














I'm not a music reviewer, nor could I be. I'm the first to admit that I'm tone deaf, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't have an opinion. I know what I like, and I like U2's 2009 album release No Line On The Horizon.
If you're looking for reviews, here is one that is positive, and here is one that isn't; this post is just my (very humble) opinion. 
This is U2's 12th studio album, in a career that into its 33rd year, and their first since How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb in 2004. Many reviewers are claiming this to be their best album since Achtung Baby in 1991, and I certainly agree, although I have enjoyed every one of U2's albums.
U2 have experimented a bit on this album, but not too much. The result is a freshness in their sound that keeps them at the forefront of rock music. This album has it all; from the hard-rock of "Breathe" to ballads like "White as Snow", and everything in between. The first single from the album is "Get on Your Boots", but I think it is probably my least favourite track, so if you've heard it on the radio, please don't jump to the conclusion that the whole album is the same; it's not. This is a great album, and any fan of rock music should have it in their collection.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment